It is important for you to know how thankful we are that you have decided to put your name forward as a volunteer.
We as an organization expect you to:
- Learn about the organization and our volunteer policies;
- Get an orientation from us on your first shift so that you may better understand your role;
- Know that we value your contribution and remain available to discuss any issues of concerns you may have;
- Get guidance and support in your volunteer role;
- Be reimbursed for all volunteer work-related expenses for the organization (if applicable).
As a volunteer, you have the responsibility to:
- Be punctual for your volunteer duty or shift;
- Be reliable and responsible;
- Communicate any issues or concerns which are likely to affect your volunteer duties;
- Do your duties as assigned and directed;
- Accept guidance from the staff and Executive Director;
- Be willing to learn and participate in orientation, training programs, and meetings;
- Understand the role of the paid staff, maintain a smooth working relationship with them and stay within the bounds of the volunteer role;
- Keep sensitive organizational information confidential;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.