On the Run for Maternal Health
- You can come dressed up or not in your nicest or ugliest Halloween costume, and come run or walk with clowns, witches, Spiderman and, perhaps even The Cat in the Hat!
- Come experience, alone or as a family, our race/walk event organized in partnership with We Run Montreal. A virtual option is also available for anyone who does not have the vaccination passport* (COVID-19), required for anyone 12 years of age or older, or who lives outside of the Greater Montreal Area.
- Run or walk to support our next surgical mission in Africa and the efforts of the MMS Foundation to improve maternal health in Africa!
1. Register yourself (and why not include your children) to participate in our run/walk in-person event of 1 to 10 km. Or, if you live outside of Greater Montreal area, or don't have your COVID-19 vaccination passeport, purchase a ticket for our virtual run/walk. Six options:
- 10 km: 16 years of age and over (start time: 9:30 am)
- 5 km: 14 years of age and over (start time: 10:00 am)
- 2 km: 8 years of age and over (start time: 11:00 am)
- 1 km: 11 years of age and under (start time: 11:15 am) - No fee for the accompanying parent of the young children participating in the 1 km.
- Virtual run/walk
- Quebec City 5 km Walk Friendly/Race in the presence or virtual, Saturday, October 30, at 10:00 a.m., from Quai des Cageux
2. Plan a fundraiser and set your own objective $$$!
Upon registration, we will promptly reach out to offer you support in your fundraising efforts. Your fundraising link will be sent to you very quickly. Tax receipts* are sent to donors by email as soon as a donation is made.
3. Talk about it in your surrounding! Bring awareness to our cause!
Our volunteer team of urologists, anesthesiologists and nurses from Quebec, change the lives of women who have survived very arduous labor and delivery. Founded in Montreal in 2011, the Mères du Monde en Santé Foundation (MMS), who is celebrating its 10th anniversary, acts to treat African women suffering from severe incontinence due to fistula caused by difficult childbirth. The MMS Foundation also works to share its expertise, and promotes prevention. The World Health Organization estimates that over two million women are affected by fistula in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, and 50 000 to 100 000 new cases are added to that number yearly.
Our run/walk experience is:
- An exceptional run/walk at Parc Jean-Drapeau (Olympic Basin) and a safe* sporting event, including safe routes for young children
- Four different distances offered for runs/walks (the exact start time of each event as well as its path will be confirmed to you a few days before the race
- The race is approved by the Fédération québécoise d'athlétisme and timed results via the Sportstats platform
- Race host on site
- Lively music throughout the event
Our annual race is an important source of revenue. We need you!
For the second year in a row, our On the Run for Maternal Health event will take place under the honorary presidency of David Dadoun, Head of Data at BMR. He is a young family man, and is training to run the 10 km race.
IMPORTANT - By registering for the On the Run to Maternal Health - Special Halloween event, you are confirming that you agree with the conditions mentioned in the waiver form in Annex 1***.
You cannot participate, but still wish to contribute to our efforts to improve maternal health in Africa? You can MAKE A DONATION**: https://app.simplyk.io/peer-to-peer/ec3ea6a5-aea8-445c-b75e-f9d4b42eb873
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Julie Gagné by email at email@example.com or by phone at 438 872-4662.
* For residents of Quebec who participate in Montreal, the vaccination passport is required for all participants 12 years and older. Proof of full vaccination is required for any other person, aged 12 years and older, who does not reside in Quebec.
** Our charitable registration number with the Canada Revenue Agency: 829413046 RR 0001
*** ANNEX 1 - WAIVER FORM
By registering myself for the event or by registering a person, including one or several children to the event, I confirm that I agree with the conditions stated here. My registration is proof of signature of this waiver form.
I hereby declare that I understand all the risks associated with the practice of running. The risks associated with the activity in which I will be participating are, in particular, but not limited to: injuries due to falls or other movements (sprains, strains, fractures, etc.), injuries from blunt or sharp objects, injuries resulting from contact between participants or their sports equipment, heat-related disorders, etc. Consequences may include, but are not limited to, damage to or loss of equipment or material, personal injury, trauma and even death.
I declare that I have the health and physical fitness required for such an activity;
I declare that I do not have any heart problems;
I agree to conduct myself in a safe and responsible manner;
I agree to follow all instructions and directives given by the officials, the Federation staff, We Run Montreal, the Fondation Mères du Monde en santé and the organizing committee at all times;
I declare that I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
I am committed to complying with the health rules in effect during this COVID-19 period.
Unless otherwise provided by law and regulations, I acknowledge the risks associated with these sports practices and I release the Federation, the municipality or city where the event takes place, Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé and its administrators, the organizing committee, its volunteers, officials, employees, representatives, administrators, from any damage that I or my property or the persons I register or their property, may suffer as a result of participating in the run or walk, whatever the cause or nature. To this end, I hereby waive all claims against the above-mentioned persons (any individuals or entities). This declaration is binding upon my heirs and legal successors and I also hereby grant all medical personnel of the event access to all my medical records or those of the minor participant, and authorize necessary medical treatment if necessary. I understand that I have the right to refuse the medical care and advice of the event's medical staff. I hereby accept responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training or attending the event, including, but not limited to, ambulance transportation, hospital expenses, medical staff care and pharmaceutical products and services. I agree, whether or not I am a resident of Canada, not to hold medical personnel liable for any damage resulting from any required medical treatment(s) provided to me.
I hereby authorize the Federation, Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé and the organizing committee to reproduce, distribute and publish the photos or videos taken during the event on which I appear for use in its communication tools such as publications, advertisements or on its website. This authorization is valid without restriction of time and territory for the uses mentioned above. I accept all the conditions contained in this form and if I am under 18 years of age, I declare that I have obtained the consent of my parent or guardian before completing this registration form.
The FQA, the Mères du Monde en Santé Foundation and TRICON Events commit themselves to comply with the requirements and recommendations of Montreal or Quebec’s Public Health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect. However, FQA, Mères du Monde en Santé and TRICON Events cannot guarantee that you (or your child, if participant is a minor/ or the person you are the tutor or legal guardian of) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
1. I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily take the risk that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) could be exposed to or infected with COVID-19 by participating in this event. Being exposed to or infected with COVID-19 may particularly lead to injuries, diseases or other illnesses.
2. I declare that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) am participating voluntarily in these running or walking activities, and am hereby consenting to the clauses stated in Annex 1.
3. I agree to abstain from participating if I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) or anyone in my household, have experienced cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing) and if I or anyone else living in my home has been positively diagnosed with COVID-19.
4. If I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of or any other person whom I have registered) experience, or if anyone in my household experiences any cold or flu-like symptoms after submitting this declaration, or if I or anyone else living in my home has been positively diagnosed with COVID-19 after submitting this form, I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) will not attend any of the event's activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
5. I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) and any member of my household will comply with any other measures dictated by the Direction de la santé publique du Québec or of Montreal or any other organization interested in COVID-19 following, for example, a trip abroad.
6. Any participant or participant (or her or his representative in the case of a minor) who is not eligible to participate in the race agrees to inform by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org the Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé as soon as he or she becomes aware of his or her inability to participate in the race.
This document will remain in effect until FQA, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgments in this declaration are no longer required.