Supporting kids in our community is Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Lanark County’s top priority! During these unprecedented times, it is more important than ever to show your support as we work even harder to meet the growing need for meaningful connections in our community.
Our mentoring programs provide children and youth with a role model to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed that is built on trust and common interests while being supported by our experienced caseworkers. We connect young people with carefully selected mentors that result in friendships that help build resilience, improved school achievement, confidence and positive life choices. The result is a life-changing experience for everyone that ignites potential in kids and provides meaningful contribution and relationships for adults too!
As a registered charity, all funds raised go directly toward supporting our mentoring programs so that every child that wants a mentor can have a mentor!
1) REGISTER – Get a team together with your friends, family or colleagues or you can even bowl solo. Register by setting up a fundraising page or team. Click on Fundraise to register a team, or Donate to support the campaign. This has built-in tools to ask for donations from friends and family via social media, email, or text. The average donation people give is $20, and every dollar can make a BIG IMPACT for our Littles.
2) GET CREATIVE – Bowl from your home, backyard, workplace or anywhere you choose! Use a plastic bowling set, have a game of ‘Wii Bowling’ or play our online bowl game (Bowl online here). Get creative and plan what household items you can use for your own bowling alley (pop cans, water bottles, dominos, etc.). You can even setup on Zoom with your team and bowl together! You should have fun with it and create an original team name, maybe try dressing up in costumes for a chance to win the best coordinated team costume!
3) PROVE IT – when you bowl, take a picture or short video of yourself playing your bowling game. If you play our online game or use an electronic game, screenshot your score and send that to us for the chance to win a prize!
4) TAG US ON SOCIAL MEDIA – you’ll find our agency (BBBS of Lanark County) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We’d love for you to post your pictures and videos and tag us. If you’re not on social media, you can email us and we will share it for you.
5) SUPPORT THE ONLINE AUCTION – we are hosting an online auction from March 1st at 12 pm bidding will go live and close on March 20th at 7pm. You can view the auction ahead of time, but note items will be added closer to March. Go check out the great auction!
6) WIN PRIZES– everyone likes to win a prize, right? Well this year, there will be a ton of gift card draws throughout the event as well as prizes for the top fundraiser, top online score, best family coordinated costumes, and much more! Register and your name will also be added to the random draws.
So start the ball rollin’ and help STRIKE it BIG for awesome kids!
Unlike other platforms, Simplyk does not charge transaction fees, so your entire donation goes directly to BBBSLC. However, the platform does give you the option to add a tip to help Simplyk keep running its services. If you don’t want to add a tip, in section 03, just choose Other in the drop-down menu and then enter $0.