The Lake Country Heritage and Cultural Society was established in 1985 to preserve the original one room school in Okanagan Centre, Lake Country, British Columbia, Canada. The school now houses the Lake Country Museum & Archives.
The museum is active in collecting, preserving and presenting to the public artefacts, manuscripts and photographs documenting the history of Lake Country.
Your donation will help us achieve our mission to "Tell the story of Lake Country's region, while providing an opportunity to learn through research, education and collaboration."
We'll be able to:
- run thirteen weeks of children's camps throughout the year
- tell the stories of our ancestors from Japan, South Asia, China, England and Europe
- provide a community space for engagement, learning and celebration
- create educational resources for our local school district
- and preserve artefacts reminiscent of the past